The Tomatis® Method
Improves Motor, Emotional and Cognitive abilities, through Music and Language
The Tomatis® Method
Relies on an advanced technology and the excellence of its trained professionals on how to use it.
TOMATIS® DEVELOPMENT S.A.
Has accompanied recent discoveries in neuroscience and participated in many research studies on brain plasticity.
WHAT IS the Tomatis® Method?
It is an electronic system called the Electronic Ear – TalksUp®. The Electronic Ear has developed into a modernized device with digitalized music and computerized features.
The system exploits and reactivates the strategies involved in perceptive organization and in the management of the sound environment. A very important feature is the gating mechanism between two sound channels. This is based on the sound change between two channels on a double process of perceptive contrast (timbre/intensity). The TalksUp® device consists of an electronic device accompanied by headphones that consists of bone and air conduction.
Tomatis® impacts on:
- Increased body awareness
- Awareness of environment
- Motor planning and motor coordination
- Listening attentiveness
- Improved auditory and vestibular processing
- Improved speech and language outcomes
- Improved energy
- Improved emotional experience – both lifts the sprit as well as calm behavior, creating balance
THE TOMATIS® METHOD in action
How does the Tomatis® Method work?
There are 3 functions to the ear:
- The function of balance – The vestibule is a part of the inner ear, which informs the brain of the slightest body movement, it intervenes therefore in the control of posture and the maintenance of balance – our vestibular system.
- The function of revitalization or cortical charge – The ear is very necessary in causing the cortex to be charged and therefore needs to be stimulated.
- The function of listening – When this function is disrupted, difficulties in analysis, accommodation, spatialization or auditive lateralization are caused. The person experiences an influx of information, but perceives it in a distorted manner affecting comprehension, as well as impacting verbal expression. The person becomes fatigued, irritable and finally withdraws.
Our brain works in such a way that our selective attention, which allows us to select a sound signal among all the possible ones so that it can be treated, is triggered if two conditions are brought together:
- The new or unpredictable character of the sound signal
- An increase in the intensity of this message
Purchase of products are related to professional training in different levels of the Tomatis Method For purchase contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please find a list of all related products below.
- TalksUp® Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Headphone
- Microphone TUP
- Bluetooth Adapter
- Wireless Headphone
- Wireless Headphone with balance
- Wired Headphone with microphone
- Wired Kids Headphone
warranty1 YEAR WARRANTY
If in stock 3-5 Days Delivery